Newcomers to the (Ef)Face: Check These Out!


Two Questions to Start Off This Post:

Question 1.) How can you wear jeans and a t-shirt to be comfy and still somehow be fashion-forward?


Question 2.) How awesome is Q'doba?




Now, I betcha I can answer both of those questions...

Answer to Question 1.) Colored denim is the way to go! 
It started to pick up speed this spring, was really coming into its own during summer, and now for fall and winter, colored denim is a MUST.  They're even making it more fancy: coating/lacquering colored denim with different finishes.  I'm excited to try a helping of that trend!  How about you, dear readers?
It always helps to pair fun things with your denim to keep the fashion vibes going, too: I took an oversized tee and did a bit of fixing to it (you'll see a better photo below), and then threw on nerd glasses and an arm party (one of which I am very proud, and I hope the Man Repeller would be, too [she coined the phrase, "arm party," after all]).

Answer to Question 2.) Very.
They serve fabulous, HUGE burritos, give me extra steak on my fabulous, HUGE burrito, and then let me sit on their patio tables and shove chairs around without so much as a word.  Q'doba, I salute you.


You can see the shirt I DIY'd a bit better.  
Here's the story:
 It was super-clearance time at our local Boston Store (well, prettymuch everywhere, actually; everyone is making room for new fall merch), so I went and indulged.  I got these pink Calvin Klein jeans that I've been coveting since the beginning of summer, and I haphazardly threw a size Large t-shirt into the bag (it was on clearance for $3.00), as well.  I get home, and it turns out I love the tee!  It's light as air, and has the cute pocket and V-neck, buuuut it's simply too big.  I wanted to keep the oversize vibe going, though, so I just picked up a pair of scissors, cut a line straight up from the bottom of the shirt until it was about three inches long, and then tied the two sides together to create some fit and added interest. Boom.  :)


Anyway, my denim and my shoes are both Calvin Klein, and both pieces really speak my soul.  Calvin Klein has always been one of my favorites: it was that brand that brought me into the world of fashion and style.

To conclude: here's a quick peek at my latest mani experimentation and then the Rundown:

Thanks, as always, for reading!

An ombre/gradient of pastel pink and mint.
Jeans: Calvin Klein || Shoes: Calvin Klein || Tee: Studio Works || Bag: thrifted Louis Vuitton || Nerd Glasses: Forever 21 || Arm Party: thrifted

19 comments:

  1. I love the color of these jeans, so great for fall. And I totally agree, Qdoba is awesome.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your jeans and the front knot tie in your simple tee looks so nice with this! Great shoes too!!! xx Pip

    http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ombre nails. So cute!

    xx Diana
    http://stylegrenade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually tie a knot like you did with your shirt! Very cool relaxed look :)

    Follow each other???

    *****CHANEL handbag giveaway on www.fashion-a-holic.com*****

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute look!! Love tee shirt and denim look!!!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this; the jeans are perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would really try that ombre nail trend except that I am terrible at doing my nails and I am a bit of a biter. Love your burgundy jeans - they are the perfect fall/winter piece.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice outfits!

    hi,visit and follow my fashion blog The Pie Hole on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pie-Hole/340193896063820?ref=hl/ and here http://s-thepiehole.blogspot.it/ or here http://lookbook.nu/thepiehole and begin my members with google friend connect please :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're ROCKIN' those jeans.

    http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com
    (Also check out the giveaway I am doing for a really cute cat purse!)
    http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com/2012/08/catfacebaggiveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love colored jeans, just not on me (I look good almost only in flared trousers and right now its almost impossible to find a pair of one, as they are not popular these days), you look awesome! :) Very good idea with the shirt, and your nerd glasses are really nice, they suit you a lot :) I also liked your red lips you showed once on Instagram, that lipstick was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a different look for you, but I really like it. I've been wanting to try some nerd glasses, but I'm afraid! I feel like people would think I was weird for wearing fake glasses. But I love the look of them. :) I love your heels too and great job repurposing the shirt to fit you! That's what I love about thrifting clothes. :) <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely combination! Great Look!
    Xoxo
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this post! and YES to both colored jeans and Qdoba. I LOVE their quesadillas =D Way to make casual look super fierce, girl!

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, even the simpliest jeans and a t-shirt can look stylish paired with correct accessories. I love this outfit.
    Nice blog by the way, following you! Would you like to follow me back? :)

    http://nickiesworldofstyle.blogspot.com/
    -Nickie

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow so simple but really chic and stylish! and love your nails! :))
    nice blog by the way ;)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look simple yet very gorgeous! Wanna follow each other?

    http://silverwriting818.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit! You look so pretty!

    Would you like to follow each other?

    Evi xoxo

    The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those pants
    xo
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello lady. I came across your blog on the blog atlantic-pacific. You have a very nice style. I'm your new reader / follower! :) I would be honored if you visit my fashion blog too. Have a nice day! http://elizabethlore.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Hope you liked this look.
Make sure you leave a link to your blog/website--I love to make new friends!