Newcomers to the (Ef)Face: Check These Out!

Uptown-Downtown


What happens when I purchase a backless, sequined LBD at the thrift store?  Well...actually, it hangs in my closet for almost a year while I figure out how to style it.  But I finally did, and I feel that the wait was SO WORTH IT.

OH!  Self-timer, you caught me on my phone! ...not staged, I swear.  :-P


The whole super-dressy bottom/super-casual top thing has been a HUGE PHENOMENON recently.  During fashion weeks around the world, this combination filled the lenses of street style photographers.





I totally DIY-ed this collar.  :)  I cut it off an old shirt and put the studs on the tips.  I think it's too cute!!!  And cost me approximately $3.00 all told.

Whatcha think???
Sweatshirt: Target || Collar: DIY || Sequin Dress (used as skirt): thrifted || Sunglasses: Target || Shoes: thrifted || Bag: thrifted Nine West || Watch: old

17 comments:

  1. Great look. I love sequins :-). Great combo!

    Happy weekend!

    Xo
    Jennifer

    http://myscrambledstyle.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look! I really love your DIY!

    http://www.cashmereflowers.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning outfit, this collar , shoes and sweater looks so great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog and I´m following you now. Hope you will follow me too!
    Greetings from Argentina!
    xoxo
    Silvia
    htto://bohememoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part is the sweatshirt, but who's surprised. I didn't realize it was now in to mix dressy and casual seeing as I love to do that anyway :p it's a good look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am actally in love with you

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing! I love that little collar peeking out! It's sooo cute <3

    High-Stitched Voice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting to note, the detachable collar was invented in Troy, NY. We used to have many factories and our nickname is the collar city. Such a shame none of our local artisans are capitalizing on this trend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Cool trivia!! :) I didn't know that!

      Delete
  9. This is fantastic...I love the sparkly skirt for daytime wear. And those heels are darling, kinda like the ones I wore today!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your collar and skirt! <3 Would you like to follow each other? :) See you!

    www.gianbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. a very pretty collar...so interesting style that you have ;)

    saphira-t

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look! I have a dress similar to this..and it definitely is a challenge to style-but I love what you came up with! It looks so chic. Your shoes are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. btw I am your new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. clarksuk.net is a safe site ,free shipping now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Hope you liked this look.
Make sure you leave a link to your blog/website--I love to make new friends!