Newcomers to the (Ef)Face: Check These Out!

Red and Gold: a surprize exploration

the Accessories


It's such a fabulous day outside, Aunt Dawn agreed to take my photo on her deck.
I've been really into gold jewelry lately; and I'm finding out I love gold, black, white, and red together.

Sunglasses: thrifted
Coat: ?
Cuff: thrifted
Necklace: thrifted
Shirtdress: H&M
Tee: ?
Leggings: ?
Shoes: some little shop in Chicago I wish I could remember

I wish I'd had this necklace all Fall...it was SO IN.  But I adore it: found it yesterday at my favorite local thrift store.  It's the perfect length: I can already picture a million ways to wear it!


Have you ever rediscovered something in your own closet? 
My latest and greatest new-\old-found treasure is THIS PAIR OF SHOES.  Sassy, but in a nude color that allows them to be paired with a casual outfit: adding some spice, but surprizingly no tackiness.  I only ever wore these clubbing, afraid that they were a bit too much for day-to-day, but--happily--I was wrong.  :)

And NOW: I'll answer my friend Kelsey's questions, as I promised (and just in case anyone is interested).  Her blog is here: she's been doing some fabulous writing as of late.

1. what is your tune of the day??
Gomen Nasai --tAtu  (yeah, Russians singing in Japanese.  I don't get it, either, but it's stuck in my head.)

2. life rule you break without regret??
Most people think it makes you're deep if you keep your feelings to yourself: the shrouded, mysterious, brooding type of person.  I try my best to disagree.

3. best day of your life??
Any with my family up at the cottage.

4. favorite summertime activity??
sunbathing while listening to my iPod

5. how do you like your roasted marshmellows??
I don't, believe it or not.

6. describe your fave samwich??
Wheat bread (fresh baked with a thick crust and light, fluffy bread)
Ham (thin-sliced, laid in an accordian way [not just slapped flat on there])
LOTS of warm, melty mild cheddar cheese
Lettuce
VERY TINY amount of mayo

7. oldies song that will never get old??
Tough one...'Crimson and Clover' has always been one of my weird favorites.

8. thing you wish you could say to your inlaws??
Quit treating my hubby like a baby because you're scared of him.  He's a man, and ought to be treated like one and allowed to have some responsibility.

9. best snack out there??
Doritos (nacho cheese flavor)...shoot, now I'm having intense cravings...

10. favorite winter activity??
Sledding

11. best book of all time??
'Where the Red Fern Grows'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Hope you liked this look.
Make sure you leave a link to your blog/website--I love to make new friends!